You probably looking for the best hosting for web designers that offer unlimited features, excellent support, and affordable price. Then you have landed in the right place.
Personally, I also work as a freelancer and helped many clients to bring their businesses online. So I know the importance of choosing the right hosting plan and how it helps in clients’ satisfaction.
That is why I have written this article about the best hosting for freelance web designers.
The budget also plays a very important role while choosing a hosting plan. All the hosting providers mentioned here are budget-friendly and provide faster speed and reliability so that the website visitors get an amazing user experience.
6 Best Hosting For Freelance Web Designers
So here we have listed some industry-leading web hosting companies along with their pros and cons. As a web designer, you can go for any of these hosting providers according to your needs.
Bluehost is one of the most popular hosting companies that host websites of over 2 million users, which is a huge number in itself. If 2 million users host their websites on Bluehost this gives us clarity about the reliability and effectiveness of Bluehost as a web hosting service provider. Their hosting plans include Shared, WordPress, VPS, Reseller, and dedicated servers.
Bluehost is officially recommended by WordPress for the last 10 years. So if you want to build your website on WordPress CMS then Bluehost will be the ideal choice for you.
Pros of Bluehost Hosting
Affordable and low starting price – Bluehost has a low starting price which is 2.75$ per month. It is a good value for money choice as many features are provided which are needed for a single website.
It gives 50 GB SSD storage, free SSL Certificate, one-click WordPress installation, free domain for 1 year, and many more benefits. As, the starting price is low so it has some cons as well, but one can definitely choose a higher and better plan according to one’s need.
24/7 customer support – Bluehost has superfast 24/7 customer care support which includes live chat, phone, and even email ticketing. Most of the questions can be answered from their Frequently asked questions page.
Easy to use for beginners – The control panel of Bluehost is quite easy to use. It also has advanced features for those who want to write codes and design their sites.
Page Loading Speed – We can understand by the word itself that is the time taken to load the page. Basically, the less time the website takes to load, the more is the chance of the user to stay on the website. So, a good page loading time is very important and Bluehost provides a decent speed.
Cons of Bluehost Hosting
High Renewal Rates:- Though Bluehost has a low starting price, it has a high renewal charge. For the 2.75 $ per month plan, the renewal charges are 8.99 $ per month which is three times the price.
So, if you are planning to use Bluehost then you can pay the web hosting charges for two to three years in advance, which would eventually reduce you’re per month cost. Moreover, they have 30 days money-back guarantee if you didn’t like their services.
Bluehost Shared Hosting Plans and Pricings
Bluehost shared hosting is categorized into four plans. All these plans come with a free domain for one year, free CDN, and free SSL certificate. So let’s have a look at these plans with their features.
1. Basic Plan – This plan is ideal when you want to host only one website. The pricing of the Bluehost basic plan starts from $2.95 per month. You will get 50GB SSD storage, free custom theme, and free website builder.
2. Plus Plan – If you want to host multiple sites at a cheap price then you can go for this plan and it will cost you $4.95 per month if you purchase it for 36 months.
3. Choice Plus Plan – Choice plus is the most recommended and popular shared hosting plan of Bluehost. The pricing of this plan starts at $4.95 per month. You can host unlimited websites and unlimited SSD is provided.
4. Pro Plan – It is the most expansive shared hosting plan of Bluehost and it will cost you $13.95 per month (for 36 months). The special feature of this plan is you will get optimized CPU resources.[su_divider top=”no” divider_color=”#0e0d0d” size=”2″]
Cloudways is different from other boring service providers as they have an option for users to choose a cloud hosting provider. As they have options of DigitalOcean, Linode, Vultr, Amazon Web service, Google cloud.
Comparatively other hosting providers choose service providers according to their own. Cloudways offers managed WordPress cloud hosting. Important facilities provided by Cloudways is high-performance hosting in surely beneficiary rates.
Pros of Cloudways Hosting
Best Performance- Cloudways is a solid cloud-based hosting service provider. They have an almost 99.9% uptime guarantee with the fastest response time. So you can go with Cloudways as their performance is on a high level.
Server monitoring- You have access to monitor everything like idle CPU, incoming traffic, and much more important details.
Free Trial- Cloudways also provides a free trial period without paying a single rupee.
Free Automatic Updates- You have the option to set automatic backup time according to your own. If something went wrong then it’s great to recover your site in just a single click.
Cons of Cloudways Hosting
No cPanel- Cloudways don’t have cPanel support as they have their own console to help and manage your cms and apps. Those who are used to using cPanel will have difficulties working with Cloudways in starting.
Technical Knowledge required- They have provided every access up to server level so you need somewhat technical knowledge to access every feature. But they have the option of managed WordPress hosting which doesn’t require much more technical knowledge so you can go with them.
Do not provide Domain and emails – Cloudways is just a hosting company so if you want to buy a domain or you want emails then you have to go for another domain provider. All businesses require emails, domains, and their site at one service provider but it’s not possible with Cloudways.
Cloudways Plans and Pricings
According to your choice of Cloud hosting provider, their charges vary. Digitalocean Data centers are the cheapest on the Cloudways while Amazon Web service has high charges.
All plans from Cloudways include 24/7/265 support, free SSL, Free Migration, Deducted Firewall, Automatic Backups, and 24/7 Monitoring.
Cloudways Plans with Digital Ocean
|Price||10$ per Month||22$ per month||42$ per month||80$ per month|
|RAM||1GB||2 GB||4 GB||8GB|
|Processor||1 Core||1 Core||2 Core||4 Core|
|Storage||25 GB||50 GB||80 GB||160 GB|
|Bandwidth||1 TB||2 TB||4 TB||5 TB|
The basic plan of Cloudways with Amazon Web Service costs you around 36.51$ per month. The basic plan with Google Cloud has 33.18$ per month.[su_divider top=”no” divider_color=”#0e0d0d” size=”2″]
GreenGeeks is currently hosting over 600,000 websites and they have 50000+ active customers in the world. GreenGeeks is the world’s number 1 green energy web hosting provider and they provide fast, secure, trusted services.
You must know in the last 10 years GreenGeeks has made INC 5000 fastest growing companies in America four years in a row. GreenGeeks hosting plans include shared WordPress and reseller hostings.
Pros of GreenGeeks Hosting
Uptime Performance – Uptime is the time one’s website is available for the users in a month. It’s a crucial factor that determines the user’s experience in the website and also the credibility of the web hosting service provider. They have an uptime of 99.95% over 12 months which is a great number.
Loading time of the page – So, as stated above a good page loading speed is very important. GreenGeeks provides a loading speed of 457 ms, which is quite fast.
Free domain and website transfer – GreenGeeks offers a free domain for the first year. Moreover, if you are using a different web hosting service provider, then they can help you transfer your site to their servers easily and for free.
Money-Back Guarantee – Like other web hosting service providers Greengeeks also has given a 30-day money-back guarantee. So, you can get a one-month free trial before paying for the services.
Cons of GreenGeeks Hosting
Higher renewable prices: – GreenGeeks also has high renewal charges as other web hosting service providers have.
Moreover, if one takes long term web hosting service from GreenGeeks, then the per month gradually comes down.
Refund Policy – If you purchase any plan from GreenGeeks. But due to some reasons you have to take your money back (GreenGeeks has a 30-day money guarantee), then they will deduct the price of the domain and then refund you.
GreenGeeks Shared Hosting Plans and Pricing
GreenGeeks shared hosting comes under three plans that are Lite Plan, Pro Plan, and Premium Plan. Features and prices of all the plans are discussed below.
1. Lite Plan – This plan is suitable for small websites that are just starting and this plan will cost you $2.49 per month. You can host one website in this plan, 50GB webspace, free domain name for one year, free SSL, and unlimited databases.
2. Pro Plan – The pricing of this plan starts from $4.95 per month and it is best for growing websites that need speed and resources. You can host unlimited websites, unlimited Web Space, Unlimited E-mail accounts, Free nightly backup, Built-in caching, and much more.
3. Premium Plan – If you need a hosting plan for your busy website or online store then you can go for this Premium shared hosting plan of GreenGeeks. It will cost you $8.95 per month.[su_divider top=”no” divider_color=”#0e0d0d” size=”2″]
Dreamhost is another popular web hosting service provider with over 1.5 million websites being hosted. Without any doubt, it is one of the oldest hosting providers in the industry which was established in the year 1997. Their hosting plans include unlimited bandwidth and disk space.
Another impressive feature of Dreamhost is they offer a long 97-days money-back guarantee. While most of the hosting providers in the market provide 30-days or 45-days money-back guarantees.
Pros of Dreamhost Hosting
Free WordPress site migration – Dreamhost has a free site migration option available in WordPress and shared hosting plans. For other website builders like Wix, etc a fee of 99$ would be charged.
Good basic plans – Dreamhost basic plan starts at 2.59 $ per month which is a bit cheap as compared to GreenGeeks and Bluehost. They provide one website with a free domain and an SSL certificate. They also allow unlimited traffic to the website which makes it a better option than few others.
Money-Back Guarantee – Web hosting service providers like Bluehost, GreenGeeks have a money-back guarantee of 30 days while Dreamhost provides 97 days money-back guarantee, which means you have almost three months of the free trial before you actually pay for the services.
Control Panel and Easy to use – Dreamhost has a custom-made control panel. The control panel helps us to manage the database, email, billing, and other things.
Cons of Dreamhost Hosting
Customer Care Support – Customer care support is very important when availing any web hosting service provider plans. Dreamhost has limited live chat support. They have a list of pre-set questions and the user can choose anyone depending on the need.
Dreamhost Shared Hosting Plans and Pricings
Shared hosting of Dreamhost is categorized into two plans: Shared starter and Shared unlimited. The best part of Dreamhost hosting plans is that they offer a monthly billing system.
1. Shared Starter – If you are just starting a new website and want to host only 1 site then this plan is ideal for you. The piercing of this plan starts at $2.59 per month. You will get pre-installed WordPress, free automated WordPress migrations, and many more.
2. Shared Unlimited – If you own multiple websites you can purchase this plan and it will cost you $3.95 per month. You can host unlimited websites, a free domain name, WordPress pre-installed, Unlimited traffic, WP website builder, etc.[su_divider top=”no” divider_color=”#0e0d0d” size=”2″]
Hostgator is another oldest and popular web hosting service provider which was established in the year 2002 by Brent Oxley. Their hosting plans include shared, cloud, WordPress, VPS, and dedicated servers.
HostGator provides a 1 Cent hosting plan where you can try their hosting service for 30 days at just $0.01. To grab this offer you just need to choose the 1-month billing cycle and use coupon code “1CENT”.
Pros of Hostgator Hosting
Load Time – Hostgator provides a decent page load time that is neither too high nor too low. It provides an average page loading time. Overall in that price range, they are providing good speed and resources.
45-day money-back guarantee – Hostgator gives a 45-day money-back service, which means you can try their web hosting services for more than a month and then start paying for the same.
Must Read – HostGator Coupon Code 2022 (Instant 60% OFF)
Uptime Performance – Hostgator has an uptime of 99.93%. They also have an uptime guarantee which says that if the uptime falls below 99.90%, they will pay one month’s credit back to their account.
Site Security and Features – Hostgator provides some extra security features to the website like Site lock, spam protection.
Cons of Hostgator Hosting
A lot of extra hidden fees are included – The basic plan of Hostgator is very limited. Other important features like Gmail access, site backup, and SEO tools will charge extra. So, the initial cost of using Hostgator would seem inexpensive but as time passes, we have to pay extra for the above tools.
Renewal charges – Dreamhost has an affordable basic plan but if we wish to renew the service then we have to pay twice the initial charges.
HostGator Shared Hosting Plans and Pricings
All the shared hosting plans of Hostgator come with one-click WordPress installs, free WordPress/cPanel website transfer.
1. Hatchling Plan – The pricing of this Hostgator hatchling plan starts at $2.75 per month and it allows you to host 1 website. You will get features like a free Hostgator website builder, unmetered bandwidth, $150 Google ads spend match credit.
2. Baby Plan – This is the most recommended plan of Hostgator. The price of this plan starts at $3.50 per month. It allows you to host unlimited websites.
3. Business Plan – Well, this is the most expansive shared hosting plan of Hostgator and the introductory price of this plan is $5.25 per month. Free dedicated IP and free positive SSL upgrades are available in this plan.[su_divider top=”no” divider_color=”#0e0d0d” size=”2″]
6. A2 Hosting
If you are someone who needs a good page loading speed then you must definitely try out A2 hosting. A2 is known for its page speed servers and their shared hosting plans can improve your website speed up to 20X faster. Their hosting plans include shared, WordPress, VPS, dedicated, and Reseller plans.
Pros of A2 Hosting
Page Loading Speed – As stated A2 is known for its page loading speed. A2 provides one of the fastest page loading speeds of approximately 285 ms.
Customer Care Support – A2 hosting provides 24/7 customer care support which includes live chat, email ticketing, and phone. The customer care is very fast and the representative is very polite and knowledgeable.
Money-Back Guarantee – Like other web hosting service providers A2 also has given a 30-day money-back guarantee. So, you can get a one-month free trial before paying for the services.
Server monitoring and malware scanning – A2 hosting servers are protected by Hack Scan, which scans the malware and protects us from such other problems.
Cons of A2 Hosting
No Free Domain Name – A2 doesn’t give a free domain name in any of their hosting plans, which is a major drawback. Most other web hosting service providers provide a free domain for a minimum of one year. So, one has to buy a domain name when choosing A2 web hosting services.
Limitations in the basic plan – The cheapest plan for A2 is 1.99 $ per month, which is quite low as compared to other web hosting service providers. The cheapest plan gives 100 GB SSD storage, one website, and few other features but lacks features like automatic backups and server rewind. The actual features are included in an upgraded plan which is charged around 4$ per month.
A2Hosting Shared Hosting Plans and Pricings
A2Hosting offers a monthly billing system, as well as one year and three years billing system. Let us have a look at the prices of A2Hosting shared hosting plans.
1. Startup Plan – In this plan you can host only one website. Other features of this plan are 100GB SSD storage, free and easy site migration, unlimited email accounts, free website builder, and many more. This plan will cost you $1.99 per month for three years.
2. Drive Plan – This plan allows you to host unlimited websites and you get 2X resources. The pricing of this plan starts at $3.99 per month and free automatic backups are included in this plan.
3. Turbo Boost – It is the recommended shared hosting plan by a2 hosting. You will get turbo servers and more powers. This plan will cost you $5.99 per month for three years.
4. Turbo Max – The pricing of the Turbo Max plan starts from $12.99 per month. You will get 20X faster speed and 5X more resources. It can handle up to 9X more traffic and LiteSpeed speed enhanced web servers included.[su_divider top=”no” divider_color=”#0e0d0d” size=”2″]
Choosing a good web hosting plan is never an easy task because there are several hosting provider companies available in the market and we easily get confused.
So, we have listed these 6 best hosting for freelance web designers. All of the above have their own pros and cons which have been clearly stated above. So depending upon the need one can use the desired web hosting service provider.